Why Here? Why Now?
This is your opportunity to be part of an unprecedented Epic implementation at one of the nation's leading hospitals. It's an exciting time here at NYU Langone Medical Center, as our growing Epic team shares a collaborative pride in the incredible transformation they're making possible. And we don't mind saying that when this project is complete, our name will look great on your resume.
- NYU Langone Medical Center is recognized as one of America's premier centers of excellence in healthcare, biomedical research and medical education.
- We are consistently ranked among the nation's top hospitals by U.S. News and World Report.
- We're made up of 3 major hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Institute of Rehabilitation, and Hospital for Joint Diseases) and one of the nation's preeminent medical schools (NYU School of Medicine), as well as a huge number of off-campus sites throughout New York City's outer boroughs and suburbs.
- Our Epic implementation is enterprise-wide, integrating our entire clinical mission with the research mission of our medical center. When completed, our Epic system will be the first fully integrated clinical system in the New York area.
- In addition to the 675 physicians within our group practices, there are hundreds of other practice (voluntary) physicians with admitting privileges here that potentially will be part of our rollout.
- The demand to include group practice and voluntary physicians within our Epic system was essential, and this was the first phase of implementation.
- Following our first phase implementation that included system-wide registration, scheduling, and billing applications (June 2011), we are now in the midst of implementing system-wide clinical applications (scheduled to go live in December 2012).
- Living within "the city that never sleeps" can be the experience of a lifetime, but New York isn't all Times Square and flashing lights. It's also quiet tree-lined streets and tight-knit communities. Within each of the city's five boroughs there are a broad variety of neighborhoods, each with its own unique character and lifestyle.
- If suburban life suits you better, countless communities of every kind are just a short commute away from NYC. Wherever you choose to live, ubiquitous public transportation easily gets you wherever you need to go.
- Life outside of work offers countless entertainment options, from Broadway shows to ocean beaches… major museums to professional sports… world-class restaurants to countless public spaces… there's a reason so many people call New York "the greatest city in the world!"